I'm relaunching SubRunMum

Happy New Year!

2018 - it's the year I relaunch my running blog and start writing about all of my sporting exploits.  This makes me sound like a proper athlete but the reality is I'm a very unlikely athlete, I love to run, swim and cycle, mainly because of the fabulous endorphin high but also because it allows me to continue my very unhealthy relationship with chocolate and savoury snacks.

If  you follow my main blog  Was this in the plan? you will know that my life has been about as complicated as you can imagine in the last few years.  Late in 2014 my husband Andy was diagnosed with stage 4 colorectal cancer, he died a year later.  Thirteen months after Andy's death our youngest daughter, Daisy, also died.  She was life limited and her health was deteriorating, accelerated by the grief of losing her beloved Daddy.

So, since I last wrote this blog I have become a widow, a bereaved mother and a single parent.  My life is so complicated and stressful yet through it all I have kept running and training.  After Andy died I was introduced to the joys of open water swimming.  Visiting the lake at Shepperton and swimming in the open air helped me deal with the stress.  The next logical step was to progress to multisports and I now participate regularly in triathlons, duathlons, aquathlons as well as road and off road running races.
I was totally gobsmacked to win Multisport Athlete of the Year at our Club Awards

Running, Swimming and Cycling help keep me sane.  I'm not the fastest or the fittest but I am proof that if you put your mind to it, you can achieve anything.

I've relaunched this blog as I want to review the races I take part in, interview some of the incredible people I have met over the years and also share some tips on training and kit that work for me.

You can find me on twitter and instagram at @subrunmum

Comments

Popular Posts